This post is also available in: Melayu
Buying Motives and JTBD Training Course Description
In this course, participant will learn how and why customers buy products and the motivations that drive the purchase.
Participants will get to know what product attributes will match a particular buyer’s needs. Participants will learn how to use templates and role plays to develop value propositions and position features and benefits effectively to their target buyer personas.
Participants will be guided with exercises and role plays to be able to apply these lessons and methods to their sales and marketing activities.
- Know what are the buying motives in a buyer
- Know what kinds of product jobs with the JTBD framework
- Know how to structure the product value propositions
- Know how to match product attributes to buying motives with brand drivers
- Able to identify the buying motives in a buyer
- Able to map a product’s attributes and use cases to the buyer
- Able to adapt product presentations for different buyer types
- Able to get buyer requirements to direct the sales pitch and flow
Buying Motives and JTBD Training Course Content
This training course has the following elements and content. The learning method will be based on lectures on the subject matter, interactive discussions, group activity and quizzes to test understanding.
Module 1 – Buying Motives and Effective Sales and Marketing Promotions
This module introduces participants to the buying motives of people with the What’s In It For Me (WII FM) principle. Participants will learn how to apply behavioural economics and buying motives in the sales promotion process.
- Buying motives, emotions and logic · Lecture
- Learning how to apply buying motives to the sales promotion process · Workshop
- Presenting the WII FM table · Group Activity
Module 2 – Knowing What the Product Does for Customers
This module introduces participants to the Jobs To Be Done (JTBD) principles. Participants get to know and learn how to apply the JTBD principles to products and services to develop targeted value propositions to buyers.
- The JTBD Principles and Buying Motives · Lecture
- Applying the JTBD to products and buyers · Workshop
- Presenting the JTBD table · Group Activity
Module 3 · Positioning the Product Value Proposition to Customers
This module will introduce participants to the value proposition framework. Participants will learn how to position products to create effective positioning statements and brand drivers to their target market.
- The Value Proposition framework · Lecture
- Creating product value propositions and positioning statements · Workshop
- Presenting the product value propositions · Group Activity
Module 4 · Selling with the JTBD Value Propositions (VP)
This module will introduce participants on how to apply sales probing principles to present the relevant product value position to the prospective buyers.
- Question based selling with OEQ, BTQ and CEQ · Lecture
- Creating the questions for evaluation and decision making · Workshop
- Role playing the questions and probes to closing process · Group Activity
- Learning Path: Sales
- Learning Program: Selling Skills
Recommended courses to take first
HRDF TTT Certified Trainer
The trainer for this digital marketing training course, Logarajah Thambyrajah, is TTT (Train The Trainer) certified by HRDF. He is an SEO Consultant and the principal consultant for Kognifi. Come and join the training course that we offer. Be trained by our experienced consultant and trainer with more than 30 years experience. With global lessons learned in Fortune 500 companies to share with participants.
Kognifi is a HRDF Training Provider
Kognifi is an approved training provider (TP) by HRDF. We are listed in the HRDF portal. You can search for Kognifi on this HRDF link. Kognifi is a marketing and consulting company for digital marketing services and corporate trainings in Malaysia. Kognifi provides HRDF claimable training in Malaysia. Kognifi has a list of in-house business management, sales and marketing trainings in Malaysia.
How To Order Our Training Courses
Determine the training course you want your team to attend Contact us to get the latest training course outline, pricing and schedule for one of the following types of training for your selected course.
- In-House Training
- Remote Online Training
- Public Training
We will then send you the official quotation for HRDF Levy grant application. This quotation will be digitally signed to verify that its from Kognifi Sdn Bhd.