This post is also available in: Melayu
The Characteristics of the SEO Marketing Consultant In Malaysia
An SEO Consultant in Malaysia is an expert in search engine optimization in Malaysia. The Malaysian SEO Consultant is a marketing expert who can create strategies and tactics to drive buyer traffic for local businesses in Malaysia.
The CRO Consultant and Expert in Malaysia
The SEO consultant should also be a conversation rate optimization (CRO) expert and consultant too to ensure marketing goals are fully achieved.
SEO work brings traffic and meets the Impressions and click through rates (CTR). CRO work ensures the marketing goals and metrics are met. These marketing performance goals could be calls, form submissions and number of qualified leads acquired. A well designed analytics dashboard or report can show the results accordingly.
This search marketing consultant needs to understand the nuances, slang, short forms of language and behavior of consumers in Malaysia.
Search Marketing In Malaysia
As a Malaysian search marketing consultant, they understand Malaysian buying behaviors for a variety of market segments and niches. And how these behaviors impact search behavior online. And how these searches are seen by popular search engines in Malaysia like Google, Baidu, Yahoo and Bing.
The SEO consultant knows how to use organic and paid traffic to get prospects into a sales conversation online. This is effective especially for companies with a low brand recognition . The search marketer matches buyer intent to the target product or service.
Search engine marketing is the better promotion method for products and services to be promoted to buyers actively looking for it . The possibility of a sale or request for quote is higher.
Online Search Marketing Sales Funnels in Malaysia
And for the SEO consultant in Malaysia, the sales conversion needs to mirror how the locals think and talk, with related slang and lingo in Malaysia. This better matches the need of local businesses to local buyers.
And for international buyers and visitors, looking for products in or from Malaysia, then the search marketer needs to be able to map those questions to the locally used words. And all this is based on user search intent and not just keywords.
SEO Consultant and Specialist Skills and Expertise in Malaysia
An SEO consultant is firstly an experienced professional marketing person . They know how to create and execute a successful marketing strategy for a product or service.
Whether online or offline or as a hybrid O2O marketing campaign. An SEO consultant will need to know marketing, communications, WebOps and digital skills.
They can create the digital marketing plan. The marketing plan will have the go to market (GTM) tactics and KPIs to reach the target market and get sales.
The SEO consultant should have a business degree or an MBA with deep experience in sales and marketing. This is required to create search relevancy, sales funnels, the story line for content in funnels, and drive conversions on page .
The SEO consultant is actually building an online sales conversation. A sales pitch to drive demand and conversions.
The professional marketing and SEO consultant would know how to:
1. Do a market research with a PESTEL analysis
2. Do a competitive market analysis with Porter’s 5 Forces framework
3. Do a SWOT analysis to determine the standing in the market place
4. Do a PLC and branding plan with hot buttons to shape demand and sales
5. Knowing how to do media placements and events
6. Formulate a GTM marketing plan to execute the marketing campaign
The marketing consultant would have a proven track record in product marketing management . And thus know how to structure the 4Ps of product marketing for online success.
For SEO, the marketing professional is upskilled to know new languages, methods, tools and techniques to create and execute the digital marketing plan for search engine marketing (SEM). The following training plan indicates the skills that should be trained on.
Digital Marketing Skills Training
SEO Skills Training
In essence, the SEO Consultant is a digital transformation specialist. As a digital transformation expert, the SEO Consultant knows how to use AI and Automation to effectively create highly productive sales funnels, conversions and CRM workflows.
These digital skills are:
1. Understanding the information retrieval model
2. Understanding Object Oriented Design (OOD)
3. Skilled in keyword research, online behaviors and related interests
4. Knowing the ranking factors of search engines
5. Familiar with the relevancy of online communities to target
6. Knowledgeable in HTML and CSS
7. Knowledgeable in UX and UI copywriting
8. Knowledgeable in WebOps for Technical SEO
9. Know the capabilities of digital content creation and SEO tools
10. Familiar with data analytics tools and online goal setting
To know buying intent, means the marketer knows how people do selection in the buying process. Its a search by the buyer to resolve something. A problem or a desire.
Therefore the SEO consultant should be an expert in search marketing. They know how to map a buyer demand to a sales funnel.
The SEO Consultant in Malaysia know how to develop a marketing strategy and identify the suitable marketing tactics for that particular product and service locally. And they know how to uncover buyer conversations to create brand drivers for the target market.
Their expertise is to deliver and funnel qualified traffic to the product sales page. They know when to use Google Ads or Google organic results to get the prospects into the related webpages.
The knowledge and skills required are:
1. Keyword research
2. How to use SEO tools for keyword research
3. How to analyze relevancy for a market segment
4. Keyword intent use case locally
5. How to filter for non-relevant search terms
6. How to select keywords to target
Tell the consultant what results you want. Be very clear on this. Then ask the consultant what would be the SEO services cost. Be clear on what aspects you can provide and what you want the SEO consultant to provide.
Then you can calibrate your budget to the cost of the desired digital marketing results. In other words you can then tailor your desired results to the clarified budgets.
In Malaysia, the SEO consultant frequently gets calls asking for price, how to do things and what should be done to get sales from online. As Malaysians, we love to ask “How ah?” or “Macam mana ni?”.
Well the information is all out there online on how to get the results or the SEO services prices in Malaysia.
If you are seriously intent on improving your business results, then you would arrange for a meeting with the SEO Consultant to discuss your objectives and requirements.
So a good project management approach is needed as follows:
1. Determine the goals and how it would be measured.
2. Map out the scope of work.
3. Break the scope into different tasks or work packages or kanbans.
4. Determine the inputs required from both parties.
5. Determine the price for each work package.
6. Determine the time lines and turn around times for project or campaign.
7. Sign the contract or agreement
8. Ensure the payments and delivery are on schedule
9. On completion, close out all items per contract
A SEO specialist job is to rank a business or webpage in the search engines results pages (SERPs). The objective is to be the best positioned result in SERPs to resolve a problem or issue of the seeker.
There are three main areas of specialization for the SEO specialist:
1. On-page SEO, content structured for relevancy
2. Off-page SEO, external media placement
3. Technical SEO, web page coding and infrastructure
The SEO specialist is the focal point to ensure the web page ranks in the SERPs. Therefore the SEO specialist has to have expertise in search intent and WebOps to ensure this ranking happens.
SEO Consultation, Training and Services
Kognifi provides various marketing solutions in Malaysia for companies who want to succeed online. And who are also looking for clear and effective methods to manage and control their digital marketing costs.
Do get in touch with us for a discussion on how we can work with you to grow your business further.