This post is also available in: Melayu
Tender Bids Management Training Course Description
In this course, participant learn how to create winning proposals by understanding the scope, purchasing, legal and financial processes in a tender.
Participants will learn how to create winning proposals by understanding the tender types. Participants will be guided on how to leverage the processes, specifications, prices and contract terms to rank in the tender.
Participants will be guided with exercises on how to develop winning proposals and manage the tender processes, documentations and discussions.
Tender Bids Learning Objectives
- Knowing which purchasing process to target to plan sales timing
- Knowing how to identify which tender is a real opportunity
- Knowing how to manage the tender and pipeline process
- Knowing how to manage changes and documents in the tender
Tender Bids Learning Outcomes
- Able to plan and schedule sales orders and inventory requirements
- Able to identify and focus on winning the right tender
- Able to manage the tender pipeline and evaluation processes
- Able to manage and track change requests to contract requirements
Tender Bids Management Training Course Content
This tender bids training course has the following elements and content. The learning method will be based on lectures on the subject matter, interactive discussions, group activity and quizzes to test understanding.
Module 1 – The Purchasing and Spending Processes of Organizations
This module introduces participants to the processes and controls in spending, sourcing and tendering in large companies. Participants will be able to differentiate the levels of purchasing complexity to plan and deliver their sales targets.
- Sourcing and purchasing controls in organization spending · Lecture
- The different types of purchasing activities and actions to be done · Workshop
- The procurement activity tracker · Group Activity
Module 2 – Tender Types and Managing Specifications
This module introduces participants to the different types of tenders. Participants will learn to identify whether a tender is an opportunity or just an exploration or pricing control process.
- The RFI, RFP and RFQ tender bidding process · Lecture
- Creating bids for RFI, RFP and RFQ · Workshop
- Presenting the tender requirements · Group Activity
Module 3 · The Tender Pipeline and the Evaluation Process
This module will introduce participants the actual tendering process and stakeholder management. Participants will know what needs to be done to influence and direct the tender evaluation process.
- The tender evaluation process · Lecture
- Managing the tender evaluation process · Workshop
- Presenting the tender pipeline tracker · Group Activity
Module 4 · Tender Documentation, Obligations and Payment Terms
This module will introduce participants to the legal obligations and documents involved in different types of tenders and the implications of making unauthorized changes during implementation.
- Tender documentation and agreement controls · Lecture
- Managing documents and change controls · Workshop
- Presenting the documents and change control tracker · Group Activity
This Tender Bids Management course is meant for sales people, solution architects, contract managers and key account managers. This course in in the sales learning path because it is all about the tender negotiation process.
Tender bids negotiation are formal and make or break activities. The client organization will have cross functional teams present during the tender evaluation process. In one instance, we had customer teams from engineering, information systems, customer service, project management, regulatory, legal, property management, sourcing and procurement doing the evaluations.
Tender Bids teams need to be aware of these possible cross-functional teams, the impact on your resources to do joint evaluations with client teams and the cost of such evaluations. These teams will add on requirements to the contract and its multiple addendums and related terms of reference and long-term compliance requirements.
It is important for sales people to know where their expertise hits the line, and when to pull in expertise from your internal teams to support the different aspects of the tender process to make the winning proposal and bids.
- Learning Path: Sales
- Learning Program: Key Account Management
Recommended courses to take first
HRD Corp TTT Certified Trainer
The trainer for this digital marketing training course, Logarajah Thambyrajah, is TTT (Train The Trainer) certified by HRD Corp. He is an SEO Consultant and the principal consultant for Kognifi. Come and join the training course that we offer. Be trained by our experienced consultant and trainer with more than 30 years experience. With global lessons learned in Fortune 500 companies to share with participants.
Kognifi is a HRD Corp Training Provider
Kognifi is an approved training provider (TP) by HRD Corp. We are listed in the HRD Corp portal. You can search for Kognifi on this HRD Corp link. Kognifi is a marketing and consulting company for digital marketing services and corporate trainings in Malaysia. Kognifi provides HRD Corp claimable training in Malaysia. Kognifi has a list of in-house business management, sales and marketing trainings in Malaysia.
How To Order Our Training Courses
Determine the training course you want your team to attend Contact us to get the latest training course outline, pricing and schedule for one of the following types of training for your selected course.
- In-House Training
- Remote Online Training
- Public Training
We will then send you the official quotation for HRD Corp Levy grant application. This quotation will be digitally signed to verify that its from Kognifi Sdn Bhd.