Digital Marketing Project Overview
This digital marketing project was created to get online organic traffic for a hair salon. It was initiated in August 2017. It was a response to a promotion run by Kognifi targeting small business owners in the Klang Valley, Malaysia.
To boost their business to a higher level, they wanted their own website for promoting their hair dressing services.
Project Scope Statement
Create an online presence to get online leads from Muslim woman seeking affordable hair dressing services in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
To deliver this result, we went through the following activities as listed below. Feel free to contact us to understand more about this data for your business.
Digital Marketing Project Plan
The digital marketing plan usually looks like this:
The initial meeting and project discussion was to get client inputs to:
- Create the target audience personas and go to market strategies.
- Proposal creation to define the scope requirements clearly.
- Get proposal confirmation from the client.
Then Kognifi could move the project to:
- Pull project team together to create the project.
- Get final buy-off from client.
- Launch platforms to go live.
- Monitor analytics and control performance.
Project Scope Requirements
From the meetings and final proposal, the scope requirements to the budget were:
- Create a website to attract prospects.
- Add custom functionality to website to convert prospects.
- Create social media accounts for client to use.
Digital Marketing Hair Salon Online Strategy
Kognifi applied one off SEO techniques to attract prospects for this hair salon. Budget limitations meant no online PPC or CPM advertising nor blogging were done. Thus digital marketing efforts had to be basic yet sustainable for the longer term.
The strategy was to focus on optimizing and testing relevancy for:
- Defined buyer personas
- Defined user intent and related keywords
- Most common types of search engines
- Most common browsers
- Most common devices
Digital Web Platforms Creation
Based on the marketing strategy above, Kognifi created the following platforms:
- Mobile responsive WordPress based website with a proven premium theme
- Custom Malaysian domain name and DNS hosting
- Web and email hosting and CDN configuration
- Setup and configure the Facebook Page
Digital Web Content Creation
We created the following content for marketing the hair salon online:
- Hair dressing Customer Journey sitemap
- UI elements and micro copy to match the hair dressing buyer persona
- Articles researched and written, related to the user intent
- Videos related to the user intent
- Sourced and optimized images for the mobile web
- Web landing pages related to the user intent
- Website functionality for conversions
- Website functionality for conversion tracking
Analytics Performance Configuration
We created and configured the analytics to monitor the online performance from the website and Facebook page. This involved:
- Selecting the analytics types required for conversion tracking
- Creating and installing analytics scripts and pixels
- Defining, creating and configuring event triggers
- Defining, creating and configuring conversion goals
We built a website for Suzee Salon with SEO elements to help customers to find this hair saloon and place a booking easily. Kognifi provided the strategic direction for keywords selection and visuals for the site.
This website is built based on mobile-first elements which mean it is responsive on all devices.
We also provided social media integration to help Suzee Salon promote their services and latest promotions to Facebook and Instagram. Now, they just need to increase their capacity from time to time with all those new customers coming!
This is a clear example of digital transformation and moving the business into the digital economy. The traffic and leads generated has given this business owner confidence in using digital tools to reach her target market.
Today, this website is under the Kognifi managed services subscription plan.
Want your own online success?
Want to know to get your online leads to offline (O2O) success? Lets discuss, Digital Prospecting and Conversions projects and campaigns.
Setup a meeting with our digitalization expert that fits your schedule. Click button below.