This post is also available in: Melayu
Strategic Leadership Training Course Description
In this course, participants will learn how to set organization objectives in the face of uncertainty to drive the organization and workforce forward. They will be introduced to effective decision making and risk management skills and knowledge. Participants will learn how to:
- Use strategic leadership and adaptation for results orientation
- Improve their decision quality to manage baselines and stretch goals
- Take ownership of the decisions and its execution
Participants will be taught on strategic thinking, the balanced scorecard, risk management and understanding organization structures.
Participants will get hand’s on guidance from the trainer on how to manage stakeholders, peers and risks to achieve organizational objectives.
- Know how to be a result orientated strategic leader
- Know how to set baselines and stretch goals
- Know how to evaluate options and risks to make timely and effective decisions
- Know how to manage organizational leaders to implement decisions
- Able to be strategic for clarity of actions for results
- Able to set targets aligned to stretched goals and baselines
- Able to make high quality decisions to deliver expected results
- Able to develop results driven and collaborative leaders
Strategic Leadership Training Course Course Content
This training course has the following elements and content. The learning method will be based on lectures on the subject matter, interactive discussions, group activity and quizzes to test understanding.
Module 1 · Strategic Thinking and Setting Direction
Participants will learn how to use strategic thinking skills to set direction for organization. Participants will get to know the PESTEL and Porter’s 5 Forces frameworks to anticipate risks and opportunities.
- The forces acting on the organization · Lecture
- Using the frameworks to see opportunities and risks · Coaching Workshop
- Able to use the frameworks to map strategic direction · Group Activity
Module 2 · Goal Setting and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Participants will learn how to use retrograde analysis thinking skills to set objectives and key activities. Participants will be introduced to the SWOT analysis to setup the Hoshin, KPIs, metrics and baselines to achieve the objectives.
- Objectives, activities and metrics · Lecture
- Creating the Hoshin and KPIs · Coaching Workshop
- Presenting the Hoshin, KPIs and related measurable activities · Group Activity
Module 3 · Controlling for Results and Executive Decision Making
Participants will learn how to use to develop risk management skills to make effective decisions to control and manage the organization.
- Strategic risk management · Lecture
- Planning and mitigating risks · Coaching Workshop
- Taking action on emergent risks to meet business objectives · Group Activity
Module 4 · Power Structures and Collaboration
Participants will be introduced to organization management. Participants will learn how to manage and collaborate with teams and power across organizations.
- Organization structure, people and power · Lecture
- Managing people and power across organizations · Coaching Workshop
- Role playing collaboration and group dynamics · Group Activity
- Learning Path: Business Management
- Learning Program: Leadership
Recommended courses to take first
HRD Corp TTT Certified Trainer
The trainer for this digital marketing training course, Logarajah Thambyrajah, is TTT (Train The Trainer) certified by HRD Corp. He is an SEO Consultant and the principal consultant for Kognifi. Come and join the training course that we offer. Be trained by our experienced consultant and trainer with more than 30 years experience. With global lessons learned in Fortune 500 companies to share with participants.
Kognifi is a HRD Corp Training Provider
Kognifi is an approved training provider (TP) by HRD Corp. We are listed in the HRD Corp portal. You can search for Kognifi on this HRD Corp link. Kognifi is a marketing and consulting company for digital marketing services and corporate trainings in Malaysia. Kognifi provides HRD Corp claimable training in Malaysia. Kognifi has a list of in-house business management, sales and marketing trainings in Malaysia.
How To Order Our Training Courses
Determine the training course you want your team to attend Contact us to get the latest training course outline, pricing and schedule for one of the following types of training for your selected course.
- In-House Training
- Remote Online Training
- Public Training
We will then send you the official quotation for HRD Corp Levy grant application. This quotation will be digitally signed to verify that its from Kognifi Sdn Bhd.