This post is also available in: Melayu
What are Premium Domain Names?
Premium domain names (PDN) are generally considered to be catchier and more meaningful names. Due to that, they usually command a higher value in the domain name market.
With PDN, a website increases its value and appeal to a wider market segment with a name that can be recognized, spelled and memorized by most people.
.MY premium domain names criteria
A .MY domain name is defined as “premium” when it has one of the following criteria:
- – single character domain name (eg. 8.my)
- – 2-character domain name (eg. 1u.my)
- – 3-character domain name (eg. pkp.my)
- – domain name with noun words that ends with .MY (eg. astrono.my), or
- – domain name with popular dictionary words in Bahasa Malaysia (eg. infeksi.my) and English (eg. cash.my).
.MY premium domain name is currently offered for .my, .com.my, .net.my and .org.my only.
Terms and Conditions
- This document sets out MYNIC’s terms and conditions for Premium Domain Names (“PDN”).
- PDN are “.my” second level category (.my) or third level category (e.g. .com.my, biz.my) names that are limited in quantity. These PDN may consist of special features as follows:
- single character; e.g. 1.my, 2.com.my, a.my, b.com.my
- domain name that form a word with .my; e.g. tum.my , yum.my
- two (2) characters; e.g. 00.my, aa.my, 1a.my, etc.;
- three (3) characters; e.g. 000.my, aaa.my, 2a1.my; or
- top dictionary keywords (Bahasa and English); e.g. beautiful.my, aesthetic.com.my.
Know More about Premium Domain Name
Premium domain name have the potential to become popular web addresses with strong branding opportunities. Thus, it is valued higher than regular domain name.
All Malaysian individuals, companies and organizations are eligible. Foreign companies with local presence in Malaysia are also eligible. However, the eligibility slightly varies across different extensions of PDNs. For more information, please refer to “Supporting Documents” section