This post is also available in: Melayu
Domain Name Provider
Choosing a domain name for your company can just be done with a few clicks. Just visit our website and shop your desired domain name. However, there are a few things you have to consider before buying a domain name Malaysia.
Domain Name Search
For instance, the typical domain name use in Malaysia are .my where the purpose is for all Malaysian individuals, companies and organizations meanwhile .com.my is for commercial organizations or activities.
Buying Your Domain Name
Regulated Names Policy and Process
- Regulated Names are names prescribed by statute which may only be used subject to the necessary qualifications, consents, licenses and/or permissions having been obtained from the relevant government ministry, department, agency or regulatory authority, as may be applicable to MYNIC.
- A Regulated Name may only be used as a domain name subject to the necessary qualifications, consents, licenses and/or permissions having been obtained by the Registrant from the relevant government ministry, department, agency or regulatory authority.
- MYNIC and its Resellers will rely on the Registrant’s warranty at the time of registration that the Registrant is in full compliance with all of MYNIC’s rules, regulations and policies. If this is found to be untrue at any time, MYNIC reserves the right to delete the domain name in question and/or take such further action as may be necessary.
- Government ministries, departments, agencies or regulatory authorities that find that a Regulated Name has been registered as a domain name by a Registrant without meeting the necessary qualifying criteria, or obtaining their consent, license and/or permission, as applicable, may lodge a complaint with MYNIC by way of MYNIC’s complaints process by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Where a complaint has been lodged with MYNIC regarding the registration of a Regulated Name as a domain name, in compliance with MYNIC’s complaints process, MYNIC will take the following action:
- Will lock the domain name (i.e. in order to prevent any deletion and transfer involving the domain name).
- Will notify the Registrant of the complaint.
- Will give the Registrant 7 working days to revert with certified proof of the Registrant being qualified to use the Regulated Name complained of, i.e. certified proof of the necessary qualifications, consents, licences and/or permissions from the relevant government ministry, department, agency or regulatory authority. To be considered “certified”, the said proof must be affirmed and validated before a Commissioner of Oaths / Notary Public.
- Failing receipt of a response from the Registrant, together with the necessary qualifications, consents, licenses and/or permissions, the domain name will be suspended for a period of 30 days.
- If MYNIC receives a response from the respondent within the stipulated 7 days, together with the necessary qualifications, consents, licenses and/or permissions, MYNIC will confirm the same with the relevant government ministry, department, agency or regulatory authority and if confirmed that everything is in order, MYNIC will take no further action and release the lock on the domain name.